1. Guest, would you like to win over $300 in prizes for webmaster related content? HERE is our post on our $300 webmaster giveaway! Check it out today!
    Dismiss Notice

XenForo 2.1

Discussion in 'Scripts & Software Course' started by Cameron Taylor, May 26, 2019.

1. XenForo 2.1 was released just a few months ago. Have you already upgraded your forum to XenForo 2.1? If you have not, when do you plan to?

My team just recently got Forum Promotion upgraded to XenForo 2.1. We were on XenForo 1.5 before then, so we were definitely due for an upgrade.

2. I recently upgraded two of my main websites to XF 2.1 and it was a huge hassle to in all honesty. Because of all the errors, etc. I lost around $1,000 in revenue in 5 months. First it was my market place app that didn't allow members to buy and sell their content. I had a lot of errors with the database, and a few things on xenforo's end. Next was the theme I used was apparently the one version that broke ads. I didn't find this out until a few days ago to be honest. I checked my adsense and found I was making over $100 less in adsense revenue a month than normal :(

3. I'm not sure why it was a hassle for you, but the revenue thing however - it's google related. I've seen similar situation on my end. In fact, each algorithm change, it deranked sites even sites that have a high rank. I'm actually at my wits end with google, but they're the only search engine that "really matters." They are responsible for 90% of website traffic, so if google is doing it to your site, then it's a slap on the face. The new algorithm change recently deranked a lot of websites, that it was all over twitter. Eeek, yikes.

I don't even need to tell you the current version of Google Search Console is a dumb change, this new process resulted in resetting a lot of sites back to ground zero, from what I've seen first-hand. Every time you see an error, you try to fix it, but google goes like "eh. No. Fix it again." Eventually site owners will come to their wits end.