1. Guest, would you like to win over $300 in prizes for webmaster related content? HERE is our post on our $300 webmaster giveaway! Check it out today!
    Dismiss Notice

Social Signals - Effective?

Discussion in 'Marketing & SEO Lecture' started by Hugop, Feb 9, 2016.

1. From my experience, it doesn't affect SEO (on Google) but some people say that they are stronger than backlinks. Blog writers basically fight with each other by making articles saying that they work and that they don't work.

Do you think that they are effective or not?

2. I'm unsure of what Social Signals are, would you mind clarifying what they are, used for, and what they do exactly?

3. I only ever used social media for traffic hits or for a viral effect compared to backlinking, I don't know if their links are even dofollow, I never checked.

4. They are nofollow, but search engines actively stores your social network information for some reason.

5. I don't really know. However, to be on the safe side, I'd target both. However, though, mind you - either way is going to cost money!